Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Penne with Tomato-Sage Sausage Sauce

I am a fan of Italian Sausage; I have attempted to make my own with reasonable success. I am always looking for ways to use them. I always have some in my freezer for those mid week days when my family need a quick and tasty meal. The following recipe meets those criteria. 15 minutes? Yes, probably, after you prep everything and prep wont take long.  You won't be disappointed and you will find your family asking for more.



Penne with Tomato-Sage Sausage Sauce

·       8 oz penne pasta 
·       12 oz bulk pork sausage 
·       1/2 cup minced shallots 
·       1 tsp minced garlic
·       2 14-oz cans diced tomatoes
·       1 tsp dried oregano
·       1 tsp dried sage 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
·       1/2 cup heavy cream ( yes cream, no substitute. The cream ties the whole dish together.
·       freshly shredded Parmesan cheese

Serves 2 to 4 people

If you chop and measure out everything ahead of time, this recipe will come together in a snap

No comments:

Post a Comment