Growing up in Quebec Tourtiere was a must have during the holiday season.
· 1 and 1/2 pound lean ground pork
· 1 onion, diced
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1/2 cup water
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
· 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a saucepan, combine pork, onion, garlic, water, salt, thyme, sage, black pepper and cloves. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils; stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is cooked, about 5 minutes.
3. Spoon the meat mixture into the pie crust. Place top crust on top of pie and pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top crust so steam can escape. Cover edges of pie with strips of aluminium foil.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, remove foil and return to oven. Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.