Win a Romantic Getaway Weekend
Selfies “The Chase” Contest, See Rules below.
2015 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN BC ONLY. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN BC
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Canada who are 19 years of age and older at the time of entry (18 years of age in Quebec). The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors of C.C. Jentsch Cellars (Oliver, BC) Watermark Beach Resort (Osoyoos, BC) and Convivia Bistro Cuisine (Osoyoos BC), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, administrative, and promotions agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this contest and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). Void outside of BC.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2015 at 12:00:00 a.m. and ends February 20, 2015 at 11:59:59 a.m. Winner will be announced that same afternoon and posted on C.C. Jentsch Cellars Facebook page
3. TO ENTER: Go to your Facebook page, post your photo on your timeline and tag C.C. Jentsch Cellars during the contest period. Photo must make reference to C.C. Jentsch Cellars or “The Chase”.
Limit one (1) entry per person and/or email address. Automated means of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification
4. DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: Winner will be selected by the photo that gets the most like from their Facebook friends. The key, is share your photo with your friends.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE:
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Weekend for two at the Watermark Beach Resort in Osoyoos BC. Grand Prize trip includes: One luxury suite, double occupancy for two nights at Watermark Beach Resort in Osoyoos (Approximate value of $998.00 and one (1) $50 gift certificate at Convivia Bistro Cuisine in Osoyoos. Transportation to and from the Osoyoos is the responsibility of the winning entry.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize in whole or in part with one of equal or greater value. The value of the Grand Prize is as of the date these rules were finalized and may fluctuate.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age.
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted via private message on Facebook submitted by entrant on his/her entry form, and will be required to respond within 7 days to confirm his/her acceptance of the prize. If any winner does not respond to the email notification within the above limit, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. If a prize notification or prize is unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable, if any prize correspondence is not returned within the required time period, or, if a potential winner is found not to be eligible or in non-compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted (time permitting).
Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the potential Grand Prize winner using all legal means and all publicly available information, including but not limited to civil and criminal records, and potential winner may be required to consent in writing to such a background check. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner who has been convicted of a felony or any crime or moral turpitude, which would reflect negatively upon Sponsor association with such person.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the contest
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the sponsor for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on the Website. Use of Website is at userâ€™s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or the download of any information from the Website, or any other loss related to userâ€™s participation in the Contest or receipt of the prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree to release Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrantâ€™s participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the prize, including any traveling related thereto.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
10. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, and address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Website) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as the winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner list.
11. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venues of the federal, provincial, and local courts located in British Columbia, Canada for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Failure by the sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
12. WINNER LIST: The name of the Winner will be posted on the Facebook and the sponsor’s website after verification and through January 31, 2015.
13. SPONSOR: C.C. Jentsch Cellars 4522 Highway 97, Oliver, BC, V0H